Friday, May 13, 2011

In Defense Of Our Nation- Two Border Patrol Agents Die


RIP My Brothers,
Gone, But Never Forgotten

The accident which claimed the lives of two of our Nations Border Patrol Agents is still under investigation. When the details of what happened is pieced together,  the public will be informed. The problem here is all of the news agencies try to speculate. This will do nothing but upset the already devastated family members. What I can assure you is the family's will be very well supported during this most difficult of times. A few years ago I had the misfortune of assisting one of my Officers in a fatal accident involving an off duty Border Patrol Agent. From the moment I notified Border Patrol Supervisors of the fatal accident, involving one of their Agents, the Border Patrol sent their team of support Agents to stay with the body.  On their arrival, Agents where placed near the body, standing at attention, ("honor guard")  until the hearse arrived and remove the deceased Agent to the funeral home. The Resident Agent in charge, and my police departments  Chaplain went to residence to make the death notification. The Border Patrol from that point forward, attended to the families every need.  That was my first experience dealing directly with the death of a Federal Agent, needless to say I was very impressed with the Border Patrol's family support unit, very impressive. This is one of the main reason, in my opinion that I do not want to speculate on the details of the accident. It is going to be difficult as it is for the families to deal with this accident as it is.  What I can say without hesitation is that the two Agents were defending our Borders against illegal immigration and narcotic smuggling, the duty they swore to do. It is just horrible that we have to deal with multiple deaths in the Law Enforcement community again, it has been a deadly year for our law enforcement family so far in 2011, 71 Police Officers  have been killed, a 20% increase over 2010 during the same time span, in which 59 Officers were killed. Florida leads the country with 10 Officers killed, followed by New York, Texas and Ohio with 6 Officers killed in each State.  

I understand and accept that Agents and Police Officers will be injured and killed in the performance of their duties; what I will not accept is Janet Napolitano going around the country telling anyone who will listen that our Nations Borders are more secure than at any time before, that is not true, I know better. I have multiple sources in a positions to know, they tell me otherwise. So DHS Napolitano, fess up to the truth, tell the American people the truth, and secure the Border. Please do not wait until we lose more Agents. All we do is ask for to tell the truth.   

To the families of Agent Hector Clark and Agent Edward Rojas, all of our prayers are with you, May God Bless you and may God be with you during most difficult of times. We will be praying for you. You are in the family and you will not be forgotten.


Until next Time, God Bless You and May God Bless America...

"Shady"
                                                        

No comments: